1. Select the File tab within your Outlook.
2. Select Open & Export from the menu
3. Then select Open Outlook Data File
4. Locate the file you would like to open using the navigation tools in the Open Outlook Data File window
5. Select OK
You will return to Outlook with the opened Outlook Data File (mailbox) selected in the Mail section of Outlook.
(If Contacts were archived then the Outlook Data file would appear in Mail but you would view the contacts in the Contacts section of Outlook).
6. Use the triangle tool (expand) to expand the stored folders and locate the stored emails.
If you have more than one Outlook Data File open you may want to rename it for ease of use.
1. Hover the mouse of the name of the Outlook Data File and right- mouse click choosing Data File Properties
2. Select the Advanced button from the opened dialog box
3. Over type the existing name of the file with your own.
4. Click OK, until you get back to Outlook
If you no longer need the Outlook Data File opened then you can close it. This does not mean you have deleted the PST file simply removed it from Outlook.
1. Hover the mouse over the name of the Outlook Data File and right mouse-click
2. Choose Close “Outlook Data File”
You will see the mailbox disappear from the list.